English UNO Card Games
English UNO Card Games
Try out our English UNO Card Games.
English UNO Card Games Description:
All English UNO Card Game decks includes all normal UNO symbol or action cards plus positive statements, negative statements, Y/N questions, questions with who, what, when, where, why, how, which, and positive & negative contractions fill in the blank cards. Decks have 17 pages for a total of 153 playing cards and one colored card back page.
English UNO Card Games Setup:
The game is for 2-10 players, ages 7 and over. Every player starts with twenty cards, and they are dealt face down. The rest of the cards are placed in a Draw Pile face down. Next to the pile a space should be designated for a Discard Pile. The top card should be placed in the Discard Pile, and the game begins!
English UNO Card Games Game Play:
The first player is normally the player to the left of the dealer and gameplay usually follows a clockwise direction. Every player views his/her cards and needs to match the color of the card in the Discard Pile.
You have to match either by the color or the symbol/action. For instance, if the Discard Pile has a red card question card you have to place either a red question card or a card with a red symbol/action on it.
If you play a question card and you answer the question correctly play moves to the next player. If you answer the question incorrectly you must pick up your original card in order to try it on a future turn and also pick up an additional card from the draw pile as a penalty.
If you play a symbol/action card then play shifts according to the card. You can also play a Wild card (which can be used to change the color in play).
If the player has no matches, they must draw a card from the Draw pile. If that card can be played, play it. If it cannot be played the player must continue to draw cards until he/she picks a card that can be played.
English UNO Card Games Note:
If the first card turned up from the Draw Pile (to form the Discard Pile) is an Action card, the Action from that card applies and must be carried out. The exception is if a Wild card is turned up – Return it to the Draw Pile. Shuffle the cards again and turn over a new card. At any time, if the Draw Pile becomes depleted and no one has yet won the round, take the Discard Pile, shuffle it, and turn it over to regenerate a new Draw Pile.
The game continues until a player has one card left. The moment a player has just one card they must yell “UNO!. If they are caught not saying “Uno” by another player before any card has been played, the player must draw two new cards. Once a player has no cards remaining, the game round is over.
English UNO Card Games Action Cards:
Besides the number cards, there are several other cards that help mix up the game. These are called Action or Symbol cards.
- Reverse– If going clockwise, switch to counterclockwise or vice versa.
- Skip– When a player places this card, the next player has to skip their turn. If turned up at the beginning, the first player loses his/her turn.
- Draw Two– When a person places this card, the next player will have to pick up two cards and forfeit his/her turn.
- Wild– This card represents all four colors, and can be placed on any card. The player has to state which color it will represent for the next player. It can be played regardless of whether another card is available.
- Change Color Draw Four– This acts just like the wild card except that the next player also has to draw four cards. With this card, you must have no other alternative cards to play that matches the color of the card previously played. If you play this card illegally, you may be challenged by the other player to show your hand. If guilty, you need to draw 4 cards. If not, the challenger needs to draw 6 cards instead.
English UNO Card Games Scoring:
Players other than the winner count the value remaining their cards to determine who came in at 2nd, 3rd or 4th place etc.
All question cards are the same value – 10 Points. “Draw Two” – 20 Points, “Reverse” – 20 Points, “Skip” – 20 Points, “Wild” – 50 Points, Change Color – 50 Points and “Change Color Draw Four” – 50 Points. The fewer the points the higher place the player comes in.
English UNO Card Games Two Player & Four Player Rules:
For two players, there is a slight change of rules:
- Reverse works like Skip
- Play Skip, and you may immediately play another card
- If you play a Draw Two or Change Color Draw Four card, your opponent has to draw the number of cards required, and then play immediately resumes back on your turn.
For four players (two-partner teams), players sit opposite their partners, and play until one of either partner goes out with one Uno card left. Scoring for the winning team is done by adding up all the points from opposing partner’s hands.
English UNO Card Games Card Printing Instructions:
- Print pages 2-18 on card paper stock. When finished put the printed pages in the printer again (see your printer instructions to print the back side correctly) to print the back side of the cards. Print page 1 on the opposite side of the 17 pages.
- Cut the white edges off all of the sheets. A cutting board is best but scissors will do in a pinch.
- Laminate the sheets by hand or with a machine.
- Cut the sheets into cards.
Be sure to copy and paste these instructions into a word document. They are not included in the PDF download.
Don’t forget to download our free “Future Simple-Will UNO Card Game” sample to try one out.
Showing 1–12 of 16 results
Future Continuous UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Future Perfect Continuous UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Future Perfect UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Future Simple-Going To UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Future Simple-Will UNO Card GameSale!
$5.85Add to cart
Past Continuous UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Past Perfect Continuous Tense UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Past Perfect UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Past Simple-Irregular Verbs UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Past Simple-Regular Verbs UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Past Simple-Verb Be UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Present Continuous UNO Card Game$5.85 Add to cart
Showing 1–12 of 16 results